WordPress and Ajax: 2nd Edition
The WordPress and Ajax e-book is a comprehensive view on using Ajax with WordPress. It covers Ajax like you’ve never seen before. The book contains three real-life examples that provide the rationale and logic behind coding decisions, the reasons for Ajax’s use, and the steps from inception to completion of the examples.
First, the book builds a foundation for you to send your first Ajax request.
- An explanation of Ajax best practices – What Ajax should do, and what it isn’t meant to do.
- How to add scripts and styles properly to WordPress – How plugin and theme authors should add scripts to WordPress. This also covers page detection and other advanced techniques.
- Properly formatting scripts using jQuery – How to adhere to the jQuery authoring guidelines for easy-to-read code and maximum compatibility.
- An explanation on how to override someone’s scripts and styles.
- WordPress security, including nonces and data validation.
- Several different Ajax techniques are explained.